1. DATA PROTECTION
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
VEG IN – Produtos Alimentares, Lda, has individually designated a Data Protection Officer, in order to guarantee the proper treatment of your personal data, to whom you can ask any questions regarding the processing of your personal data.
You may contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The personal data that you make available to us through the access and use of our website may be processed by VEG IN, for any of the following purposes, according to the type of data provided by the user, as well as for the interactions that the user has agreed with VEG IN through the website.
• Contact, access management and questions related to website users: The personal data of users who contact VEG IN, may be processed in order to remain in contact with them, manage the users of our website, provide services to the customer and manage any requests that they send us through the website.
• Customer Service: VEG IN provides an electronic communication channel to manage Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal data collected through said communication channel will be processed by VEG IN, with the purpose of managing the entire process resulting from the commercial relationship between the company and the customer.
• Management of promotional campaigns: The personal data of users who participate as participants in any of the promotions offered by VEG IN will only be processed for the entire process of the event.
• Commercial communication: Users’ personal data may be processed by VEG IN for the purpose of transmitting advertising or promotional information, as well as information that we consider to be of interest to you, which may be sent to you via postal services or electronic means (mail post, text message, SMS or any other electronic means of communication). We inform you that commercial communications may be directed based on the analysis and preparation of your profile, which will be done exclusively with internal data.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY VEG IN AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
The personal data collected and processed by VEG IN within the scope of interactions established with users through our website come from the following sources;
• Personal data provided by the user through the various forms of collection used electronically, as well as those resulting from the management, maintenance and development of the relationship established between VEG IN and the users.
VEG IN may process the following types of personal data, depending on the relationship established with users:
• Data identification (eg first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, IP address, etc.).
• Other types of personal data. Only and only when users provide us with another type of personal data in the interactions established with VEG IN, which are processed by VEG IN only when the processing is necessary for the intended purposes. When this is not necessary, the data will be destroyed without having been previously processed or preserved by VEG IN.
WHAT LEGITIMACY DOES VEG IN HAVE TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
VEG IN processes personal data provided by users of our website in accordance with the intended purpose, namely, management of the commercial relationship between parties, compliance with legal obligations, or in the case of promotional campaigns, the consent previously given on a case-by-case basis, by users.
TO WHOM ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA COMMUNICATED?
In compliance with legal obligations, the personal data collected by VEG IN through this website may be communicated, in case to the administration and public bodies or in the case of promotional campaigns, to the General Secretariat of the Ministry of Internal Administration.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
VEG IN will keep your personal data only and only during the development of the established legal relationship or the requested service and/or for the purposes for which the data in question is processed.
Subsequently, if you have not exercised your right to erasure, your personal data will be kept taking into account the legal deadlines applicable in each specific case, depending on the type of data as well as the purpose of the treatment.
You may request detailed information on the retention periods of personal data applied by VEG IN by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA SHOULD YOU PROVIDE TO US?
VEG IN hereby informs that, whenever personal data are collected through forms available on our website, it will be necessary to provide at least the information and personal data considered mandatory. If the requested data deemed necessary are not made available, VEG IN will not be able to respond to the service or question requested by the user.
GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When providing your personal data, you must ensure that the data provided is true, correct and complete and that it is up to date. You may be liable for any damages that may result from breaching this obligation.
VEG IN hereby informs that you must be over 16 years of age to communicate your personal data through our website. By providing us with your personal data, you guarantee that you are over 16 years of age, assuming full responsibility for this statement.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DO WE APPLY TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Aware of our concern to guarantee the security and confidentiality of your personal data, we have adopted the necessary and technically possible levels of security, according to the current state of evolution of computer technology, to protect them and we have developed technical measures to prevent loss, inappropriate use, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of personal data made available through our website, bearing in mind, however, the fallibility of the system.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
VEG IN informs you that you have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether your personal data is being processed.
We also inform you that you have the following rights over your personal data:
• Right of access: you have the right to access your personal data in order to know which ones we are processing.
• Right of rectification and erasure: in certain circumstances, you have the right to correct your personal data in situations where you consider that the data we are processing is not correct. You may also request the delete of your personal data when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
• Right to limit processing: under certain circumstances, you may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data. In such cases, we will only keep your personal data for the exercise or defense of possible legal actions.
• Right to data portability: under certain circumstances, you will have the right to receive from us, in a structured, common and mechanically readable format, the personal data you have provided to us. You will also have the right to request that this data be transferred to another person responsible for the processing of personal data.
• Right of opposition: under certain circumstances, and depending on your personal situation, you may object to the processing of your personal data. In that case, we will stop processing your data unless we must continue to process them for legal reasons or for purposes related to the exercise or defense of possible legal claims.
We also inform you that at any time you may object to the processing of your data for commercial or promotional purposes, simply by communicating it to us by any means. You can also withdraw your consent for the processing of your data, but this will not affect the data processing that has been carried out before you have withdrawn your consent.
You can exercise your rights over your personal data:
• By writing to the company’s address: Centro Empresarial Sintra/Estoril n1, Estrada de Albarraque, Armazém R, Linhó, 2710-297 Sintra-Portugal.
• Writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
In both cases, you can include the reference “Data protection”.
In both cases, it is necessary to prove your identity by sending a front and back copy of your identification document, passport or equivalent document.
VEG IN will provide you with the requested information within a maximum period of one month after receiving the request. This deadline may be extended for another two months if necessary, depending on the complexity and number of requests.
VEG IN informs you that you may file complaints with the National Data Protection Commission at www.cnpd.pt. However, in a first phase, you may file a complaint with the Data Protection Officer, who will resolve it within a maximum period of two months.